|Date Created:||September 8, 2009|
|Editing:||Please feel free to edit constructively!|
Xenotheric[edit | edit source]
[[Summary::This subtype pertains to the Xenotheric family of outsiders, which hail from planes associated with aberrant lifeforms.]] Many xenotheric species have suffered varied amounts of exposure to the transmorphic and undefined currents of the Far Realm and other such places of conception. Most xenotherics were transmogrified by their unnatural evolution, having attained a higher form of existence where thought and locution occurs solely on the cerebral state, and yet others have been horribly altered by their experiences, flensed by planar chaos until their sapience was stripped away. However, despite all of these vastly different creatures having equally varied origins, the forces they were exposed to are akin, and therefore many of their physical and mental traits overlap. Since no home or origin between them is shared, xenotherics do not belong to any single plane or realm, and simply naturally gravitate to any environments that suit their requirements.
Various superphyla of xenotheric outsiders have strong links to certain types of aberrations. Aberrations that gain the xenotheric subtype through evolution become outsiders with the Augmented Aberration subtype.
Traits[edit | edit source]
The traits listed here override the base Outsider traits wherever applicable.
- The Xenotheric subtype overrides and replaces the Extraplanar and/or Native subtypes.
- Xenotherics with an Intelligence score of 3 or higher have telepathy out to 100 ft.
- May take feats with the Xenotheric tag.
- Bio-Energy (Ex): Xenotheric metabolism is capable of yielding large amounts of biological energy that can be used for different purposes. A xenotheric creature's bio-energy pool can hold a maximum amount of charges equal to 3 plus the Xenotheric creature's Constitution modifier (minimum 1), and recharges at a rate of 1 charge per minute. These charges may be expended to facilitate certain special powers. Some of these powers are exclusive to specific Xenotheric species, whereas others can be accessed through various Xenotheric feats.
- Immunity to poison, polymorphing, petrification and form-altering effects.
- Resistance to acid 10 and electricity 10.
- Xenotheric outsiders eat, but do not sleep. Certain xenotherics do not need to breathe; defer to the creature's statistics for information on breathing.
Creatures with the Xenotheric Subtype[edit | edit source]
The following creatures have the xenotheric subtype:
|Creature Entry||CR||Type and Subtypes||Size
|?Challenge Rating||?Type||?Subtype||?Size||format=template||template=3.5e Monster Table Row||link=none