|This material is published under the OGL|
Aquatic goblins are feared and reviled as ocean-dwelling piranhas. A band of aquatic goblins and their shark mounts is likely to swoop down on any individual or group perceived as weak, to strip it of everything from gold and jewelry to clothing and hides. Leaving a trail of junk behind them as they evaluate their loot, the bandits swim off in search of other unlucky victims.
Aquatic goblins to take up adventuring for many reasons. While most goblins are neutral evil, many have different beliefs and seek like-minded individuals outside the tribe. Some lack opportunities to advance, and tire of living on the scraps of those with more authority or higher social position.
Racial Traits: Aquatic goblins have the following racial traits.
- –2 Strength, +2 Constitution, –2 Charisma. Aquatic goblins are hardy creatures, but weaker than many races.
- Humanoid (Aquatic, Goblinoid): Aquatic goblins are humanoids with the aquatic and goblinoid subtypes. An aquatic goblin can breathe underwater. He cannot also breathe air unless he also has the amphibious special quality. An aquatic goblin can hold his breath outside the water for 2 rounds per point of Constitution. After that, he begins to suffocate.
- Small: As a Small creature, an aquatic goblin gains a +1 bonus to Armor Class, a +1 bonus on attack rolls, a +4 bonus on Hide checks, and a –4 penalty on grapple checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are 3/4 of those of a Medium character.
- An aquatic goblin base land speed is 30 feet.
- An aquatic goblin has a swim speed of 30 feet. He can move through water at his swim speed without making Swim checks. He has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some action or avoid a hazard. He can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. He can use the run action while swimming, provided he swims in a straight line.
- Darkvision: Aquatic goblins can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Thievery: Aquatic goblins get a +2 racial bonus on Disable Device and Sleight of Hand checks.
- An aquatic goblin’s racial bonus on Move Silently and Ride checks is only +2. Aquatic goblins are known for riding Medium sharks.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Goblin. Bonus Languages: Aquan, Draconic, Elven, Giant, Gnoll, Orc.
- Favored Class: Rogue.
- Level Adjustment: +0*.
This page is protected from editing because it is distributed under the OGL. Please discuss possible problems or changes on the talk page.