|This material is published under the OGL|
DROW[edit | edit source]
|Drow, 1st-Level Warrior|
|Size/Type:||Medium Humanoid (Elf)|
|Hit Dice:||1d8 (4 hp)|
|Speed:||30 ft. (6 squares)|
|Armor Class:||16 (+1 Dex, +4 chain shirt, +1 light shield), touch 11, flat-footed 15|
|Attack:||Rapier +3 melee (1d6+1/18–20) or hand crossbow +2 ranged (1d4/19–20)|
|Full Attack:||Rapier +3 melee (1d6+1/18–20) or hand crossbow +2 ranged (1d4/19–20)|
|Space/Reach:||5 ft./5 ft.|
|Special Attacks:||Poison, spell-like abilities|
|Special Qualities:||Drow traits, spell resistance 12|
|Saves:||Fort +2, Ref +1, Will –1*|
|Abilities:||Str 13, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 9, Cha 10|
|Skills:||Hide +0, Listen +2, Search +4, Spot +3|
|Feats:||Weapon Focus (rapier)|
|Organization:||Squad (2–4), patrol (5–8 plus 2 2nd-level sergeants and 1 leader of 3rd–6th level), or band (20–50 plus 10% noncombatants plus 1 2nd-level sergeant per 5 adults, 2d4 6th-level lieutenants, and 1d4 9th-level captains)|
|Challenge Rating:||1 (see text)|
|Alignment:||Usually neutral evil|
|Advancement:||By character class|
Also known as dark elves, drow are a depraved and evil subterranean offshoot.
White is the most common hair color among drow, but almost any pale shade is possible. Drow tend to be smaller and thinner than other sorts of elves, and their eyes are often a vivid red.
COMBAT[edit | edit source]
Drow usually coat their arrows with a potent venom.
Poison (Ex): An opponent hit by a drow’s poisoned weapon must succeed on a DC 13 Fortitude save or fall unconscious. After 1 minute, the subject must succeed on another DC 13 Fortitude save or remain unconscious for 2d4 hours. A typical drow carries 1d4–1 doses of drow knockout poison. Drow typically coat arrows and crossbow bolts with this poison, but it can also be applied to a melee weapon. Note that drow have no special ability to apply poison without risking being poisoned themselves. Since this poison is not a magical effect, drow and other elves are susceptible to it.
SEE WIKIPEDIA ENTRY: Drow
Drow As Characters[edit | edit source]
Drow Traits (Ex): Drow possess the following racial traits.
- Medium size.
- A drow’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immunity to sleep spells and effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects. (Not reflected in the saving throw modifiers given here.)
- Darkvision out to 120 feet.
- Spell-Like Abilities: Drow can use the following spell-like abilities once per day: dancing lights, darkness, faerie fire. Caster level equals the drow’s class levels.
- Weapon Proficiency: A drow is automatically proficient with the hand crossbow, the rapier, and the short sword.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. A drow who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Elven, Undercommon. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Aquan, Draconic, Drow Sign Language, Gnome, Goblin.
- Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds drow for 1 round. On subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area.
- Level adjustment +2.