|This material is published under the OGL|
Centaur[edit | edit source]
|Size/Type:||Large Monstrous Humanoid|
|Hit Dice:||4d8+8 (26 hp)|
|Speed:||50 ft. (10 squares)|
|Armor Class:||14 (–1 size, +2 Dex, +3 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 12|
|Attack:||Longsword +7 melee (2d6+6/19–20) or composite longbow (+4 str=bonus) +5 ranged (2d6+4/x3)|
|Full Attack:||Longsword +7 melee (2d6+6/19–20) and 2 hooves +3 melee (1d6+2); or composite longbow (+4 str=bonus) +5 ranged (2d6+4/x3)|
|Space/Reach:||10 ft./5 ft.|
|Special Qualities:||Darkvision 60 ft.|
|Saves:||Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +5|
|Abilities:||Str 18, Dex 14, Con 15, Int 8, Wis 13, Cha 11|
|Skills:||Listen +3, Move Silently +4, Spot +3, Survival +2|
|Feats:||Dodge, Weapon Focus (hoof )|
|Organization:||Solitary, company (5–8), troop (8–18 plus 1 leader of 2nd–5th level), or tribe (20–150 plus 30% noncombatants plus 10 3rd-level sergeants, 5 5th-level lieutenants, and 1 leader of 5th–9th level)|
|Alignment:||Usually neutral good|
|Advancement:||By character class|
A centaur is as big as a heavy horse, but much taller and slightly heavier. A centaur is about 7 feet tall and weighs about 2,100 pounds.
Centaurs speak Sylvan and Elven.
COMBAT[edit | edit source]
A centaur employing a lance deals double damage when it charges, just as a rider on a mount does.
SEE WIKIPEDIA ENTRY: Centaur
CENTAURS AS CHARACTERS[edit | edit source]
A centaur druid is usually a tribe’s designated leader and speaker. Centaur characters possess the following racial traits.
- +8 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, –2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom.
- Large size. –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
- Space/Reach: 10 feet/5 feet.
- A centaur’s base land speed is 50 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A centaur begins with four levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 4d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +4, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +1, Ref +4, and Will +4.
- Racial Skills: A centaur’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 7 x (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Listen, Move Silently, Spot, and Survival.
- Racial Feats: A centaur’s monstrous humanoid levels give it two feats.
- +3 natural armor bonus.
- Automatic Languages: Sylvan, Elven. Bonus Languages: Common, Gnome, Halfling.
- Favored Class: Ranger.
- Level adjustment +2.