|Home Plane:||Concordant Domain of the Outlands|
|Portfolio:||Magic, Arcane Knowledge, Balance, Foresight|
|Domains:||Magic, Knowledge, Mind, Oracle, Trickery|
In the World of Greyhawk campaign setting and the default pantheon for Dungeons & Dragons, Boccob is the god of Magic, Arcane Knowledge, Balance, and Foresight. He is known as the Uncaring, the Lord of All Magic, and the Archmage of the Deities. He is served by the mad demigod, Zagyg.
Description[edit | edit source]
Boccob is usually portrayed as a middle aged man with white hair who wears purple robes. He is known to carry the very first Staff of the Magi with him at all times. In addition, he knows every spell ever created and can travel to any time and dimension. He is the possessor of the only magical library that contains a copy of every potion, spell, and magic item in existence.
According to the Player Handbook, Boccob rarely has any desire to interfere with events occuring upon the Prime Material. He is the least interested of the core deities, having no agenda to push, unlike others such as Wee Jas, Heironeous or Vecna.
Other aspects[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Gygax, Gary. World of Greyhawk Fantasy Game Setting (TSR, 1983).
- Gygax, Gary. "The Deities and Demigods of the World of Greyhawk." Dragon #70 (TSR, 1983).
- Holian, Gary, Erik Mona, Sean K Reynolds, and Frederick Weining. Living Greyhawk Gazetteer (Wizards of the Coast, 2000).
- Moore, Roger E. Greyhawk: The Adventure Begins (TSR, 1998).
- Noonan, David. Complete Divine (Wizards of the Coast, 2004).
- Redman, Rich, Skip Williams, and James Wyatt. Deities and Demigods (Wizards of the Coast, 2002).
- Sean K. Reynolds. "Core Beliefs: Boccob." Dragon #338 (Paizo Publishing, 2005).
- James M. Ward. Greyhawk Adventures (TSR, 1988).
[edit | edit source]
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|